Sunday, May 11, 2008

keep holding on

Hi Everyone,
Well, I am leaving in one day to go to treatment for this life-stealing anorexia. . .

I am going to go to a place in Minneapolis called the Eating Disorders Institute.
It is at the Methodist Hospital --http://www.parknicollet.com/methodist/edi/

I'm not sure how long I will be there, but I am scared out of my mind. . .
I know that this is probably what I need, because I HATE this disease and I
don'twant to die. . . It is taking away everything and I'm tired. I want to get back
to mydreams and actually living life and not being consumed by this controlling
monster.

But, it still scares me more than anything. I've travelled to so many countries,
I've tried so many new things, I've experienced a lot so far in my 22 years of life.
But this scares me more than any of that. My counselor tells me to treat this
experience like a trip to a new country and to try to learn and take in as much as I can.
I like how she puts that. I really do hope this is a good thing and that this helps
me fight this disease.

I really need your prayers, though. . . I am SO thankful for all the support, prayers,
and encouragement I have received from all of my friends and family. It really has
been a blessing. Please continue to pray - - Pray that I will have the strength to work
through this program and try to fight this disorder.

I will hopefully have access to this and be able to update you all. If not, I'll call Niki or
my mom and have them post updates. I think I get to have my phone, so feel free to
call if you would like! (712-441-1415). You can also e-mail me at
jaimealtena@gmail.com

Once I figure out my snail mail address, I will let you all know since some of you have
asked for it. Again, thank you all for your continued support! It means SO much!

Love you all,
Jay

No comments: