Tonight as I was cleaning some things up, I came across an old journal that I had from the summer I went to Chile. Each day, I had a little notecard with a verse on it for the day. One of the notecards fell out of the journal when I was moving it. . . The verse was a really good one:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
You are mine.
When you Pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
And when you pass through the rivers,
They will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
You will not be burned;
The flames will not set you ablaze,
For I am the Lord, Your God."
- Isaiah 43:1-2
I thought this verse was a really good reminder of how God is with me, and all of us, through all things. . . This past year has been really difficult, but God has been ever-present. He has placed people and events in my life to bring me through the painful times. He knows the plans for each of us, and holds each of us through our trials. . . Through the waters and the fires that threaten us.
No comments:
Post a Comment